Sunday, March 30, 2008

"Out for Lunch"

Dad and I did a good one yesterday! We went to our favorite Applebee's for lunch. We were going to be very good and order from the Weight Watches menu. We each ordered a Chicken Grilled Spinach Salad...only 250 calories! Yes, we did real good! When our salads came, we each had a big plate of spinach leaves with four little strips of chicken, red roasted peppers, onion, and some cheese sprinkled in the middle. I asked for more dressing, thinking it would get better. It didn't. We both decided it was OK but we would not order it again. After lunch we went over to Hasting and picked up a couple of movies. As we were leaving, I was thinking "where is the nearest McDonalds??????" I just know Ron is going to think I AM CRAZY, but I am starved!!!
We get in the car and he looks at me and says "some Wendy's chili sure would be good just about now. " I don't know about you but I am starved. I start laughing and said I was looking for McD's but Wendy's is GREAT! So off we went to Wendy's for chili and fries. We were both starved. Twenty bucks for two plates of spinach leaves and we have to go to Wendy's!!!!!! We have laughed about that lunch all day today. Guess the joke was on us!!!! Bet we DON'T order from that side of the menu again.

No comments: