Tuesday, November 25, 2008

LITTLE PENNY IN THE PARKING LOT...


That Little Penny In The Parking Lot

Remember this every time you pass that little penny in the parking lot.

I always thought that it was for good luck,

but I love this version better.


I found a penny today

Laying on the ground.

But it's not just a penny,

This little coin I've found.

Found pennies come from heaven,

That's what my Grandpa told me.

He said Angels toss them down.

Oh, how I loved that story.

He said when an Angel misses you,

They toss a penny down;

Sometimes just to cheer you up,

To make a smile out of your frown.

So, don't pass by that penny

When you're feeling blue.

It may be a penny from heaven

That an Angel's tossed to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll never see a fallen penny in the same way...thank-you for sharing the sweet poem. By the way... I always pick them up when I find them!

Debbie said...

I love that --- I will never look at a penny on the ground the same way again. thanks for sharing